Most of you probably know that each year I publish a data warehouse guide in iBook and PDF formats for OpenWorld which contains links to the latest data warehouse videos, a calendar for the most important sessions and labs and a section that provides profiles and relevant links for all the most important data warehouse presenters. For this year’s conference I have made all this information available in an HTML app that runs on most smartphones and tablets. The pictures below show the HTML app running on iPad and iPhone.
This exciting new web app contains information about why you should attend OpenWorld - just in case you have not yet booked your ticket! - as well as the following information:
- Getting to know 12c - a series of video interviews with George Lumpkin, Vice President of Data Warehouse Product Management
- Your presenters - full biographies and links to social media sites for all the key data warehouse presenters
- Must sees sessions - list of all the most important data warehouse presentations at this year’s conference
- Our customers - profiles our most important data warehouse customers
- Must attend labs - list of all the most important data warehouse hands-on labs at this year’s conference
- Links - a list of links to the most important data warehouse sites
If you want to run these web apps on your smartphone and/or tablet then follow these links:
- iPhone - https://876d5e65b7768ca57d1fd1236578c9374b1fca87.googledrive.com/host/0Bz-zGlWahRf4OXNzejBiRFV5ZXc/iPhone-DWoow2014.html
- iPad - https://876d5e65b7768ca57d1fd1236578c9374b1fca87.googledrive.com/host/0Bz-zGlWahRf4OXNzejBiRFV5ZXc/iPad-DW2014.html
Android users: I have tested the app on Android and there appears to be a bug in the way the Chrome browser displays iframes because scrolling does not work . The app does work correctly if you use either the Android version of the Opera browser or the standard Samsung browser.
If you have any comments about the app (content you would like to see) then please let me know. Enjoy OpenWorld.